Get a chance to be immortalized by naming a diner in the new SimCity, coming out in 2013! Just text “SIMCITY” to 44144 and enter your idea to name a diner. Then get your friends to vote for your entry and the name with the most votes wins – it’s that simple! Your friends can vote once/day by texting “SIMCITY####” to 44144 (#### will be your unique code that you will receive after submitting your entry) for your diner name until midnight July 31st so enter now and tell your buddies to vote and vote often! Good luck, everyone! Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
Name a Building in SimCity Sweepstakes
2012 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Text Message fees and data rates may apply for both sent and received text messages.
1. To Enter. To enter the Name a Building in SimCity Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), beginning 12:00:01 a.m. PST on June 4, 2012 through 11:59:59 p.m. PST on July 31, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”), text message the word “SimCity” to 44144 during the Sweepstakes Period. The first reply text message will ask Entrant to opt-in by replying with his or her age to receive SMS communications about this Sweepstakes and other SimCity updates, provide location of official rules which may be found at www.simcity.com/sweeps and require acceptance of the official rules. Entrant will then receive a second message requesting Entrant’s proposed SimCity Building Name which follows the Guidelines below (“Entry”). Entrants will receive a third message verifying that that their Entry has been received. If their Entry has already been submitted exactly as entered they will receive a notification asking them to submit a new name. This process will repeat until the entry is unique. An Entrant may text/reply “STOP2end” to 44144 to cancel out of the Sweepstakes and/or opt-out of receiving SMS communication from SimCity.
Proof of sending a text message to the short code is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor. Text messaging is not available in all areas of the United States. Each text message entry must be manually key-stroked/entered by the Entrant. In case of a dispute as to the identity of a text message Entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the mobile device phone number. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a mobile device phone number by the wireless carrier or as shown on the carrier’s billing records. An Entrant’s wireless service provider may charge the Entrant standard text messaging and data rates for each text message, including any error messages, sent and received from his/her mobile device according to the terms of the Entrant’s individual calling plan with his/her cellular provider. An Entrant must have a text messaging two-way capable mobile device and digital service to enter using the text messaging method. Text message and data fees for both text messages that are sent and received may apply. An Entrant should contact his/her cellular provider for applicable fees, pricing plans and details prior to participating in the Sweepstakes.
If a winner is a text message entrant, the prize will be awarded to the primary individual named on the wireless account from which the text message was sent. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one prize will be awarded in the names of the joint account holders.
Alternately, you may enter by sending an email to SimCitySweeps@ea.com with your name and address and proposed SimCity Building Name. If the Entry has already been submitted exactly as entered, you will receive a notification asking you to submit a new name. This process will repeat until the Entry is unique. Entrants will receive back a unique code associated with their Entry.
No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: only one entry per person, per mobile number or email account will be accepted during the Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to website entries. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
Entrants’ submitted Entries must incorporate only the entrant’s own originally created name (“Original Creations”). No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. Entries submitted in this Sweepstakes must not contain any pornography, or other illicit content, and must be appropriate for audiences at least 13 years of age, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submission of previously published names is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations, trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise not appropriate for audiences aged at least 13 or that otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted for entry and will not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
Limit: only one entry per person, per mobile number or email address will be accepted during the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only their own Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party. Entries must be suitable for publication (i.e. not obscene, offensive or indecent) and must not have been submitted in other contests or been previously published. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal or prohibited material. Completed entries must be sent electronically during the Sweepstakes Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on July 31, 2012. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at time Sweepstakes begins and who had Internet access as of May 28, 2012. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. There is One (1) Prize. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries in the Sweepstakes.
Grand Prize: One Winner will have the opportunity to have their Entry appear in the North American edition of the SimCity videogame when it releases in 2013. There is no retail value associated with this Prize.
Prize is not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
Winning Entry will be determined based on the number of votes in support of that Entry. The eligible Entry with the most Votes will be deemed the Winner. Only one vote from each email or mobile phone number will be accepted each day of the Sweepstakes Period. For text Entries, voting will take place via unique short codes associated with each eligible Entry. Immediately after a text Entry is submitted entrants will receive a unique short code based on their mobile device. Entrants will collect votes by having others text that unique short code to 44144. All voting will take place via SMS messaging. To vote on entries, unique code must be emailed to SimCitySweeps@ea.com. One vote per email address per day will be accepted. For email Entries, entrants will collect votes by having others email the unique code to SimCitySweeps@ea.com.The Sponsor’s decision on Winner is final and binding.
Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. Winner will be notified on or about August 1, 2012 by a SMS sent to the mobile number used to submit the Entry or by notification to the email address used to submit the Entry. If winner cannot be contacted at this mobile number or email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
4. General Conditions. Electronic Arts Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. Entrants and Winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Sweepstakes. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree (i) that Sponsor may post their entries on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Electronic Arts, this Sweepstakes or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants, and except if entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entries along with entrant’s user or screen name and hometown therewith; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the judges, and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number or email account is registered.
5. Winners list. The winner’s name will be available at http://www.simcity.com after the winner is determined, verified and posted for approximately two weeks.
6. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Disclaimer: You agree that by providing your wireless telephone number to SimCity you are expressly consenting to receiving communications from SimCity, including text messages from automatic telephone dialing systems. You will receive approximately 6 alerts from SimCity per month about specials, alerts & tips. Message & data rates may apply. Text HELP to 44144 for help. Text STOP to 44144 to opt out; you may receive a final message confirming your decision to optout.